Monday, June 22, 2009

Recent Changes

Hi everyone, there was a meeting called recently which I know everyone wasn't able to attend. We're going to try a few things. Here are the changes.

1. We're only going to exchange once every other month. So we'll exchange in July and skip August.

2. For July, there are only 8 sooooo... keep talking about it so we can get our numbers up to ten before September.

3. We're going to try and serve a little healthier meals... which translated for me into concentrating on homemade and using brown rice instead of white rice, etc. (don't stress though..e-mail me if you have questions.)

4. Also, we've upped the budget amount a little. So for August, even though there will be only 8 families, the budget is still $75.

5. If you have leftover money, instead of a filler side, think about adding more meat or veggies to make the meal more substantial.

Okay, so the regular dinner club has been working for me and a lot of other people for years, but it's our club so we can make whatever rules we want as long as it works for everybody. I think the general concensus is that we'll try this out for an exchange or two and then meet again to see how everyone is feeling about the changes. Keep in mind that the dinner club may not be for everyone, and even I find myself wanting to take a break sometimes for whatever reason so don't feel bad if you need to drop out or take a break or even need to vent a little. Let's just do our best to make this work because it really does save me (and I've heard it saves a lot of you guys too). Just make sure to either find a sub or let us know on the day we exchange that it'll be your last so we can have enough time for a replacement. I think that's it. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Rachel

No comments: